Re: K&N Filter stuff, kinda long

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 14:01:37 EST

<< > In a message dated 98-12-01 00:38:44 EST, you write:

> Excellent post Patrick.
> The only other thing I might add is my speculation
> that some of the silicone may also be coming from the hypereutetic<sp>
> pistons they are using.

 The SILICON could be coming from the pistons. Has anyone rebulit
 a dak motor and chemically analyzed the pistons to determine if
 they are hypereutectic or not? I know some people on the list have
 access to a metallurgical lab.

I was under the impression all new motors now have them.