Re: DML:Hypertech Programmer and thermostat

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 08:09:36 EST

In a message dated 12/19/98 2:44:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dester243@aol.com writes:

<< and a hypertech power programmer available on jan. 15 for about
 350 (anyone want to group buy? i'm REALLY up to this group buying thing,
 what else do we have for "Sale?") but, to sum things up. if i get the
 programmer. should i get a 160 or 180 degree thermostat? also, i'm really
 iffy about the pullies. which seem to give the most power, but doesn't
affect
 the chargin, and coolin system? Also, would upgrading to 3.7 something
 gears help acceleration over the stock 3.55? >>
Dester,
    what does the hypertech programmer do? Is it just another computer? As
far as a 3.7, I don't think that is available, you would have to go to a 3.90
and oh yeah, you would notice acceleration increase over stock 3.55 and I
personally don't think that mileage would be effected THAT much although it
will be effected.
Eric