DML:Hypertech Programmer and thermostat

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 02:42:50 EST

Hey. I love you guys man. I still don't see how one lil street tearin,
camero eatin, ford spittin piece of machine could unite soooo many peepz.
But since we're here and i'm new, i'd like to ask some questions...
I have a 97 black dodge dakota. 239, V6 with a 10 " dayton round air element
cleaner, a dynomax race magnum muffler and i'm on my way to pullies, a
thermostat, and a hypertech power programmer available on jan. 15 for about
350 (anyone want to group buy? i'm REALLY up to this group buying thing,
what else do we have for "Sale?") but, to sum things up. if i get the
programmer. should i get a 160 or 180 degree thermostat? also, i'm really
iffy about the pullies. which seem to give the most power, but doesn't affect
the chargin, and coolin system? Also, would upgrading to 3.7 something
gears help acceleration over the stock 3.55? but how badly does it screw over
top speed and MPG? since i'm gettin about 16 to the gallon mixed highway and
city right now accordin to the overhead console. well, sorry for the LONG e-
mail but if you want to just send me a mail directly My e-mail is
"Dester243@aol.com"
thanx
-Dester