Re: NV-3500 5-speed

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 13:59:38 EST

In a message dated 12/19/98 10:56:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, TXSTIM@aol.com
writes:

<< You guys are starting to scare me. I always thought the 8 1/4 rear was the
 weak link in the driveline. I've got 70 or more 1/4 mile passes on mine;
 should I expect to see parts coming up through the floorboards? >>

    Easy there killer! I wouldn't take it that far! I've got over 118000 on
my NV3500 with many passes on the 1/4 strip both on the track and on the road!
Safety first of course! But, this same trans has been with me through the 5.2
and now holding strong and bravely through the torments of my 5.9! I've been
through several rear gears though!
Eric