Re: OBDII without cat? attn. Jon

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 16:56:23 EST

At 01:05 PM 12/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey guys, does anyone have a 96-98 Dak 318 without a Cat? I've heard that it
>sets off some lights but other than that it doesn't really hurt anything. Can
>anyone confirm this? I'm thinking about getting a set up like Jons made where
>I can swap a straight pipe or the cat, but would this work with the O2 sensor?
>Jon, help!

   Yep, no adverse affects whatsoever, performance-wise. It does light up
the MIL though, which is sort've annoying. (I don't like it because it
could hide other problems... For example, the check engine light comes
on and you think its because of the O2 sensor, but its really because
of the _______.) (fill in the blank with an expensive part...) ;-)

  I was working on a module that would simulate the rear O2 sensor, but
due to lack of time and knowledge, I think I'm just going to buy one
and be done with it. See this post in the archives about where to
get one:

http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/Archives/dakota/9809/1488.html

  I just sent John an e-mail message inquiring about the price, I'll let
everyone know what it costs.

                                               -Jon-