Re: Richmond T-56? Was: NV-3500 5-speed

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 17:39:24 EST

In a message dated 12/19/98 5:11:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< The top contender
 at the moment is the Richmond T-56. That's what is being used in the
 SR-71 Dakota, so it appears to be compatible with the drivetrain...
 I'd like to have to do as little customizing (i.e. cutting up stuff)
 as possible... >>
Jon, doesnt the SR-71 have the entire Viper drivetrain? If that is the case
then that tranny may not bolt up properly to our 5.2 or.9, although the Viper
engine is basically the same block to tranny bolt configuration. Again, with
that being the case it may bolt up, but you may have to alter and fab a new
opening for the shifter assembley due to a possible shift in position, no pun
intended. So, if you do chose that route, you more than likely will have to
order a custom driveshaft. If the T-56 is the chosen tranny, plan on a little
cutting and a little ordering custom parts!
Eric
but let me know if it works! I want that rearend too!