Re: Richmond T-56? Was: NV-3500 5-speed

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 19 1998 - 20:10:05 EST

In a message dated 12/19/98 7:27:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< Another thing I wonder about is my Y pipe; its practically touching
 the tranny now, so if the T-56 is bigger, that might be a problem. I'd
 probably have to go with true duals, which would mean I'd be pulling the
 tank and probably mounting a fuel cell in the spare tire area, moving
 the spare into the bed... >>
    Jon,
        Speaking of true duals! I was just out in the garage messing around
with my Dak. Thinking and figuring out my hood, my interior, my paint scheme,
and my exhaust! I think I've finally figured out the answers to all those
topics. I know for sure about my exhaust now. I've got these Viper GTS
exhaust tips sitting in the garage, and was figuring on using them on my next
exhaust job. Im going to run true duals with Borla mufflers, 1 down each side
that will drop under the frame rails and tuck right underneath the sheet metal
at the front of the box right in front of the tires. The exhaust will dump
under the frame right before the gas tank on the driver side. I'm going to
tack weld on a heat shield the length of the driver side exhaust and in front
of the tank. I mocked up the tips under the sheet metal and man does it look
cool! That will happen in February with profit sharing!
Eric