RE: Subs in a Dakota

From: Michael Guzinski (m.gski@mci2000.com)
Date: Sun Dec 20 1998 - 18:53:01 EST

I am not going for the "rattle my doors off" effect, I just appreciate good
sound, but if it isn't clean at highers levels it is like listening to
garbage. In all my past power installs I have gone through the entire
interior as well.....torque each and every screw, thump each panel to see if
it rattles, using Dynamat on all metal, gleueing insulation to the back side
of every peice of plastic, putting RTV on each screw as it was reinstalled.
The rattle thing drives me nuts!!!(kinda compulsive about that) I think
using a single 8" would do me just fine....maybe a Stillwater Kicker
SoloBaric in a JL Audio type of box. I am 30 years old and have no need or
desire to shatter windows or out-boom the lowered rice grinder beside me at
the stoplight. I just want to feel the music without distortion. So, if
any one has the specs on the JL Stealthbox (LxHxW...Ft vol sq...ect please
let me know.
I am still waiting to hear if the 99 Dakota Infinity uses a amp, and if all
the speakers in a 99 club cab 6.5".

Mike Guzinski
1999 Dakota SLT CC
4x4 V-8 Auto