RE: Subs in a Dakota

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Dec 20 1998 - 14:06:59 EST

> >>but it sounds great, vibrates a lot of interior trim
> >>

> >And to a discriminating audiophile(and also in the music
> biz) as myself it
> >drives me up the walls when the interior starts to resonate.
> I've tighten
> >everything down so that doesn't happen. But also you don't
> need a sound
> >system that can be heard a 1/4 mile away either(just think
> of what happens
> >to your hearing after awhile,wanna wear hearing aids by time
> you reach your
> >30's??).
>
> Amen! But you really can't beat a good system for the long road trips.
> It does make my 35 mile commute through the desert entertaining.
> Dynamat, in the right places, will cure the nasty noise and help get
> you toward that 20-20k perfect concert sound....

I just tightened every body screw I could find. Worked out great(and found a
few really loose screws). I consdier myself lucky that my truck has been
relatively quiet body/road noise. I have been in trucks (and some cars) that
sounded like someone dumped a can of bolts in the body panels (exaggerated
but almost true).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd