Re: Re:Intake Manifold Attn. VLAD

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 20 1998 - 23:37:52 EST

<< I've heard of this too, but from what I've read, it acts more like a Heat
 Sheild and adds a few Horsies into the mix... it's >>

Actually, that is a different mod. You weld another piece of sheetmetal, with
the long ends folded up about a quarter inch to the stock manifold plate. It
keeps hot oil from hitting the manifold. What I am talking about is instead
of the manifold plate being bolted on, you weld it on, so it cant leak. Of
course the manifold is aluminum, and the stock plate is steel, so you have to
fabricate a plate from aluminum and have it heliarc welded on.

Brad