RE: RE: More T-56 stuff.

From: Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 23:14:51 EST

Comments inline...

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Steiger [mailto:stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 1998 10:48 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Sent: Monday, December 21, 1998 10:48 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: More T-56 stuff.

[snip]

> I've heard some good things about this tranny. I take it you're
happy
> with it?

Yup, its been great so far, no problems at all other than the "standard"
neutral gear rattle (sounds like a bunch of loose bolts in the tranny at
idle with the clutch out). My Getrag 6 speed did the same thing, so it
seems to be something with the 6 speeds...

> Thanks for the info! Wow, those first couple of gears are pretty
short!
> I'd need to run 4.56's just to get movin! ;-) My NV-3500 is:

I think they use the first couple of gears to give them the awsome 0-60
times. Its damn near impossible to run 0-60 in the low 4s if you have to
hit 3rd...

> Thanks for the info! PS: what's a half-shaft?

Half shaft is one half of the rear driveshaft. The Viper has independent
rear suspension, so there is a half shaft going from the rear end to
each wheel. On the Vipers these tend to twist and break when used with
slicks at the track...