Bad Gas Mileage

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 18:37:27 EST

Well, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why I am getting such
poor gas mileage. I have made an effort over the past couple of days to try
to drive carefully and not punch it. One thing I noticed that really seemed
to help is that I have a subconscience urge to try to keep the RPMs above 2000
since this is where the Gibson really starts sounding mean. Although I never
realized it before, I noticed I tend to keep constant pressure on the go
pedal. This helped get me back up in the 12+ range.

  The second thing that may have been hurting me was my tire pressure. I went
to checking the Dak over for my trip home tomorrow. I visually inspected my
tires and they looked o.k....but, I figured what the heck. I checked my tire
pressure and both my fronts were about 10 p.s.i. low and both my rears were
about 30psi low! Not sure how much this will affect my mileage, but it can't
hurt. Thanks to all that gave me feedback on my mileage problem.

Russ