Batteries

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 10:47:17 EST

Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:17:09 -0500
From: Rader <rlr@rtp-bosch.com>
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Batteries

> Do you know that it was Delco who manufactured your DieHard?

  Not necessarily; Sears OEMs their parts from multiple sources, and I
have heard enough horror stories about DieHard (including one of my
own) to steer me away from them indefinitely.

  I agree with you that Delco makes quality electrical components,
and I would not hesitate to buy another Delco (or DieHard, _if_ I knew
for a fact that it was a rebadged Delco).

> Before you bash someone's product (or line of
> products) you need to have the facts straight.

  Um... ;)

  Ron

------------------------------

Ron:

I think that is what I said...Sears Canada Diehard Gold batteries are
manufactured by Delco. The local Sears service rep. is a friend of
my and I checked before I posted.

I agree with you about Diehards from 10 years ago, we used to call
them DieFast. They were manufactured by !#@$@$%#^$%&^%*, another
brand who others have posted to this list as a manufacturer of fine
batteries.

The same goes for tires. Sears Michelin tires are the same quality
as those purchased from a Michelin store, less costly and have a much
better warranty. Sears Canada sells more Michelin tires than all the
Canadian Michelin dealers combined. Yes, I checked this too, before I
purchased, with both Michelin and Sears.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.
Canada