RE: Batteries

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 20:11:44 EST

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:47:25 -0500
From: Jason Jennings <jason@spray-tech.com>
Subject: DML: RE: Batteries

rumor has it, there are x number of battery manufacture's in the
country. The rest is all just a name. Example, I had one of those
fancy DieHard models.... Yep it died hard after only a year.... Dead
as a door nail. Gee, I had four more years minimum, what happened
here.... I have owned an interstate battery. Ran it dry left and
right, lasted more than the 48 months it was supposed too.... Bought a
K-Mart replacement for the interstate.... It was still going when I
sold the car..... Case in point....You never now when a name brand will
lemon out on ya, and a cheap $35 model will kick major butt....

Jason
12/22/98 1:49 PM

Jason:

Do you know that it was Delco who manufactured your DieHard? Did you have a
bum alternator? Delco produces a quality battery. I bet Sears gave you a
new battery under warranty. Before you bash someone's product (or line of
products) you need to have the facts straight.

That's why I specifically referred to Sears DieHard by Delco. Over the
years I have had many Delco batteries that have never let me down. Sears
is a good place to buy because they are the same quality, only cheaper and
stand behind their warranty.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.