Re: Questions about '96 Dak

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 18:36:08 EST

Jon wrote:
<<> Still mulling over using a '96 computer, eh? :-)

  If it helps, the computer looks like it has the same connectors, and
it looks about the same size. (I noticed this last night when I was
looking at some pictures of Sean Meldrum's engine bay.)

  On the one hand, it would seem like it should work, but if it does, then
what is the holdback at MP for the hipo PCM? Seems to me that if the '96
would work, they'd use it for the '97s too? >>>

My thoughts too. I e-mailed a mechanic at a Dodge dealer and he said
that, short of trying one out, I should try to find how the two stacked up
in all respects because of the obdii. That's why I asked about the
dual airbags and the trannies.

I entered the part number in Mopar Performance's web site and nothing
came up. Today I found a discount site on the web that has it listed.
Tomorrow, I'm going over the dealer I buy from and see what's up.

My pension check for the month just came in and I desperate enough
to take the gamble.

Oh ... BTW, the Optimizer came ... put it on this morning ...
put 94 octane in ... then proceeded to separate the treads from
the tires. Just a Canadian joke at Christmas.

Thanks all.

B.Tom
Burlington, Ontario.