Re: Lakewood Traction Bars Attn Bill

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 23 1998 - 13:38:14 EST

Josh, I had them on my '95 Dak. For shims, you can get some of the axle
mounting plates (the ones that the U-bolts go through to hold the axle to
the springs) from a junkyard. The holes are already there, and are the
correct size/spacing. You'll have to cut them down (so you are only
shimming the back), but your labor is free :~). And the plates can't cost
too much. In fact, I just checked an old Mopar plate (with the shock mount)
from one of my extra 8 3/4 rear ends that I have laying around, and the
holes line up perfectly. They holes would have to be enlarged a little to
fit my Daks 9 1/4, but other than that, it would work great. If you can't
find any plates local from any old Mopars (this rear is from a late '60s
C-body) let me know. I'll let you have mine for the cost of shipping. Hope
this helps.

> From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Lakewood Traction Bars Attn Bill
> Date: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 11:07 PM
>
> I have the Lakewood's on my truck with the snubber in the last hole.
Still to