Snow Blind........a long story

From: Thomas Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 08:56:52 EST

Disclaimer: The following statement is not meant, in any way, shape or
form. To constitute another battle within the DML on the subject of
"this vs that". Examples being, v6 vs v8, 2wd vs 4wd, auto vs standard,
club cab vs standard cab etc etc etc........... This is just an
observation made by one Dakota owner on his way to work one morning
following a night of snow (that would be me).

I have always owned a 4wd, and would always stand my ground on the
subject stateing that being a New Englander 'ya never know what 'ya
gonna get. Well any one living here will attest to the fact that we
haven't had alot of what  I would call "4WD Weather" in a spell. So
recently my views have been getting questionable on why a have
this 4WD slowing me down when I never use it anymore? Let me tell you,
when the new R/T's came out it really drove the point home, and I was
spending many a afternoon down at the local dealer eyeballing the new
trucks coming in.
Well this morning the Weather Gods decided to show me why I have 4WD! As
I awoke to a good 5 inches of snow on the ground!!!.......So I proceed
to work in the snow. A few miles down the road at a local intersection I
come up behind a brand new R/T, sweeeet!......The light turns green and
we're off, errr well sorta, as the R/T takes the corner the rear end
beginds to kick out on him and I'm watching that Limited slip try to
grab some traction in the snow going up the road.......After fish
tailing about 50 yards he gets it under controll. I on the other hand
just proceed no problem behind him, cringing everytime the rear end
kicks out on the R/T and I excpect to see him go into a ditch. I stayed
behind him for another 5 miles or so down a stretch of road that has few
traffic lights along the way. Every time it was the same, light turns
green and the R/T takes at least 25 yards to get it's "feet" under it,
and the driver wasn't jumping on it either as he had a little old lady
in front of him jumping on the brakes every 3 feet. Well after a bit he
takes a right and I watch him fish tail up the road to where ever he was
going and I continue forward to work loving my 4WD as I watch people
skiding off the road left and right.
A couple side notes:
1. I still want a R/T baaaddd!!! I have no question about it's ability
to blow my truck away in a race!
2. Another thing about Dakota 4WD is that I get to actually shift it
into 4WD! Unlike other Companies Trucks who will remain un-named here. I
don't press a stupid button on my dash board for "traction controll"
There's just something about grabbing that shifter and slamming it into
4WD........Maybe it's a guy thing??......Can I get a "HELL YA!"?
3. I passed a vehicle in the woods this morning, and the only person who
bothered to pull over and lend a hand was a man driving a big ole' RAM
2500. Showing that not only are Dodge Trucks better. But the people who
buy them are a better class of people themselves!!
MERRY CHRISMAS!!!
Thanks for reading my long story, no flames please.........(read
disclaimer).
"psychonaut"