Re: No Shift-kit

From: Eric (erich@dhc.net)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 14:59:30 EST

>Of course you don't have to spend any money on shift kits to make them
perform
>better if you understand the basic works of a transmission's valve body ..
>but, TransGo has done the research and knows what's really going on when it
>comes to making a transmission shift like it should in a performance
>application w/o sacrificing drivability or durability.. for eg; the light
>throttle, neck snapping shifts associated with other shifts kits don't
apply
>with the TransGo kit.
>
>The TransGo kit is also engineered so that anyone with common hand tools
can
>pull off the installation. They understand that automatic transmission work
>can get frustrating for the average person that doesn't have a few years of
>transmission work under their belt.... that's why the bolt-by-bolt
>instructional video and detailed instructions are included.
>
>The TransGo kit is available for just under $90 right now, so, why chance
it?

>ttyl
>Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I totally agree with you, on a daily driver and if you want smooth shifts.
But I'm one of few that want my truck to squeal the tires at shift from 1 to
2 gear. And so far I haven't found a "shift-kit" to do that for me, so what
I'm about to do with my tranny is to get it to shift REAL hard from first to
second gear, and you don't need any education on auto trannys to do my mod.
if it works. Easier than installing a shift-kit, and you can restore it to
stock any time you want to. Only thing is, you will get hard shifts all the
time. But that doesn't bother me because I don't use my truck as a cruiser,
and I think there are more Dak owners that wouldn't mind hard shifts?

Question: How many of you out there would like the truck to squeal tires at
WOT shifts in to second gear, but you would always have hard shifts. No more
smooth shifts. And you can restore the tranny to stock any time you want
to?????

If you install a shift-kit you have to replace the valve body to get it back
to stock, because of the drilling that is require to install shift-kit.

Swede/
99 R/T Dakota CC
Black & Loaded
Mail: erich@dhc.net