Re: Spark Plugs/Wires

From: Michael Clark (markiiidakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 17:58:01 EST

>From: HKUSP40578@aol.com

>I own a 93 Dakota 4x4 V6 with 98,500 miles on it. It's been awhile
since
>I replaced the spark plug wires, and I need a new set. What are you
guys
>running for wires in your Dakotas?

I have been running Taylor Spiro Pro wires for about 4 1/2 months now,
and am very pleased with them. They are 8mm but they also come in 10mm
if you want the fat look. You can see these wires on my webpage at:

http://web.wt.net/~mclark/html/dakota/taylorwires1.html
and a better picture of them after the headers were installed:
http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dmlmeet/small block.jpg

I think I only payed around $50 or so for them from Summit. I got the
universal set and cut them to the exact length I needed. Took me
several hours being real careful and making sure they were just right.
I would suggest you get the Made For You wire looms for them as well.
These are the best things since sliced bread! You can see from the pics
just how secure and neat they keep the wires.

I will however go out of my way to tell you to not buy the Moroso's,
they are complete crap! I had some of their blue max wires and after
only a few months I had five of the eight wires pull out of the plug
boot. (the factory crimped end, my crimps did great). For a while I
thought maybe I didn't pull only with the boot and it was my fault they
seperated, but Sean Meldrum who had the same wires on his '97 told me
the same thing happended to him. Bottom line, they are good wires until
you have to change your plugs, then they self destruct. The Taylors
seem to me to have more durable construction.

>I also want to replace the plugs....I have Champion Truck Plugs on my
truck
>now and am happy with them....but I would like to try a new brand

I use stock champions. I have been told by many DML'ers and also
dealers that these are the best for our engines. I'm happy with them.
I also fell for the Shitfire stuff. They worked for me in that they
fired, but I couldn't tell any difference from the old plugs that came
out so I ditched them. I haven't tried any of the other U groove V
groove or whatever from the other manufacturers, they may be good, but
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.... well you get the idea.
Those Truck Plugs you are running seem to be well liked on the list, I
might try those next time myself.

Hope this helps you out...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt