RE: Spark Plugs/Wires

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 23:34:56 EST

Kyle,
I am partial to the MSD 8.5 MM plug wires. I usually order sets through
Jegs. Price is around $65.00. I know that's a little higher then you wanted
to spend, but one of the nice things about the MSD sets is the double
crimped connectors they use. I have yet to pull off one of the connectors,
they just don't come loose. You could use one of the V-8 sets and just save
two of the plug wires for later use. The 8.5 MM wires will fit the standard
plug wire looms but they are snug. As far as plugs go, I am real partial to
the Autolite double platinum plugs. They are about the only plug that I have
found that will live in my supercharged truck. I run a Crane ignition setup
on the truck. Factory plugs last about 6,000 miles with the hot ignition.
The Autolites have been in service for about 15,000 miles with no problems.
Hope this helps.....

        Frank