RE: Motor gone bad; cranks, rods & pistons

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 00:00:23 EST

Jon,
Good luck in finding a forged crank for the Magnum that is reasonable. Last
time I checked they were around $2,000. Actually the factory crank is not
bad. The factory rods are forged but if you want to switch, Eagle makes a
nice H-beam rod, cost is around $575.00 for a set. When I put my 95
together, 1.5 years ago, I couldn't find a replacement forged piston without
going custom. The Magnum engine takes a different piston from the earlier A
engines. It is a dish/dome piston suited to the smaller chamber of the
Magnum Heads. If you find a set of forged slugs, or a forged crank that
doesn't cost, let me know.....

        Frank