Re: New to list...it's ordered!

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 23:58:23 EST

> Since there was no R/T available to test drive, I tried a 5.2/auto.
> Can I expect much of a difference in acceleration and handling?
>
> Patiently waiting for delivery,
> Steve

Having owned both a 98 4x2 V8 auto 3.92 SG and a 99 R/T, The R/T is a little
quicker at low rpm ranges, not a great difference at higher rpm ranges. However
the 98 had headers, the R/T does not (cause I am told the ones I took off the 98
318 wont fit). The handling is quite another matter. The R/T handles great,
Better than any truck I ever drove (and I used to own a GMC Syclone). The ride
is a little firmer and cornering is great with almost no lean at all. The R/T
sounds a lot better. A word to the unfamiliar, apparently no magnum engines
run very well until several thousand miles of break-in.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC