Re: Clunk in steering

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 10:35:52 EST

I've got a '98 4x4 that I had fixed back in October... I'm not 100% sure
but I believe the offending/clunking piece is the lower shaft/coupler which
is the same on a 4x2... I think only the steering gear itself is different
on the two models (rack & pinion on 4x2 v. recirculating ball on 4x4).

Like I said, I'm not absolutely sure we share the same lower shaft, but
it's worth a dime to the dealer... That's all they replaced on mine and it
fixed the problem.

T.