15" Tire Advice Needed

From: William T. Goldbach (goldbach@tellink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 10:22:17 EST

Bob, the "275" is the maximum width of the sidewall, when the tire is
mounted on the recommended wheel. A 275 tire will measure 275mm, or 10.83"
wide at the widest point. This has nothing to do with tread width, which
varies by manufacturer. A 275-60-15 tire will be around 28" diameter. I'm
assuming you want to maintain this diameter? If you are stuck on 275-60-15s,
then you have a lot to choose from: Goodyear Eagle GT IIs, Goodyear Eagle
#1s (with cool yellow letters!), BFGoodrich Comp T/A HR4s or Radial T/As,
Bridgestone Eagers, Dunlop GT Qualifiers, Firestone Firehawk SS10s, General
XP 2000 IIs, and more I'm sure. The BFG Comp T/As are probably the best
tires of the above in the wet, IMHO. -Bill