homemade RAM Air

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 11:17:14 EST

I have a 99 R/T, and I was admiring the engine the other day when I
noticed something about the factory air box configuration. Stock pulls
air from within the engine. It looked to me like with a minor
modification of the tube, you could point it to the front with an
extension, and make it flush with the front of the engine compartment.
The part that would have to be opened up is just a soft material. It
even has a little x already puched through it in mine. It looks as
though you could pipe air straight in to the factory box like this. Has
any body else noticed this or attempted to do this. (of course you
wouldnt do this with the factory air filter).

gordon
99 R/T black rc