Re: I wouldn't buy a JET

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 11:50:05 EST

>Sam what is your torque? The '93's are rated 10hp more but 10 or so
>lbs. less torque than the '95's are because of the 3 inch cat on the
>'93's, at least that's what I have heard. But it also seems to me that
>someone mentioned the '93's had slightly different cam specs... ???

I just had a dyno test run a few weeks ago, and 216.5 HP, 289.5 lbs.
torque (with 101500 miles on truck/motor).

I believe there's a little difference in the cam too, can't remember
where I heard that.

My I didn't do a dyno run with my previously LOUD exhaust system,
which I would bet $$$ was making more HP, but a lot less torque. Torque
is what I lost with the 3" CAT, 3" pipe to the DT headers.
I am glad to get it back :P

Sam '95 SLT