Re: 5.9 vs 4.6

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 13:03:15 EST

Gordon Adams wrote:

> i have not had the chance to run my R/T against a 4.6 mustang gt. has
> anybody had any luck running against these guys. i know how it performs
> against an LS1, but have yet to stoplight it with a stang. i would
> imagine the R/T would come out on top (pre-1999). I am also curious
> about how the improvements to the mustang will help it out performance
> wise (we all know it desperately needed some improvement) I cant wait to
> race one.
>
> Gordon
> 99 R/T black rc

        Gordon, a late model stang is a good race, but you'll come out on top
for a short race, I've raced a few and the only one to beat me was a 5
spd on N20 and he didn't run away with it. These were all stoplight
races however, at the 1/4 mile these cars can take the heavier R/T. I
have raced on both street and strip for a long time so I speak from 1st
hand experience, the lighter Stang will win in the long run assumeing
that both are stock. Alan S. '98 R/T rc