RE: 99 RT headrers,was New to list...it's ordered!

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 14:11:06 EST

Gene,
I asked Mike Leach about the fitment of your 318 headers to your 360. I
asked him if all you needed was a different set of down pipes, and he said
that the passenger side header was quite a bit different in the R/T than it
was in the 318 Dak. How different, I do not know, but I can tell you that he
assured me that the 318 headers would not fit the R/T.

As far as headers for a 99 R/T, Mike had them in stock the last time I
talked with him so they should be readily available.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 5.2L, Auto, T&H Package, 3.92 LSD, lotsa goodies and Mopar
headers to be installed later this week.

<snip>
I have yet to understand why the headers won't fit. I mean the engines are
externally identical, also the frame. The only difference I see is the
larger
rear oil pan area in at the rear main. That should gave no effect. Have
you
put a good "eyeball" on it?
<unsnip>