Re: Some misc questions...

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 19:48:22 EST

RAS002@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> I have a couple of questions concerning my '98 RC R/T, in particular.
>
> 1. Does anyone know the part number for the "brass" cap
> and rotor set? I'm about to replace my stock wires
> with Patrick's Magnacors.
>
> 2. I made the mistake of getting wax on the matte black trim
> pieces, i.e. the door latch, wiper vent tray, etc. Now
> they are mottled gray looking. What do I use to remove
> this gray wax residue and restore the nice black color?
>
> 3. Has anyone else got a "creaky" brake pedal? It sounds like
> the floor in an old house (actually, it sounds like
> it's about to snap off). It doesn't sound like a dry
> bushing, it actually creaks like stepping on an old
> floor joint.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Russ Selkirk
>
> --
> '96 Black Impala SS
> '85 Silver Monte SS
> '98 Amethyst Dakota RC R/T
> - Port Neches,Texas
> =================================
> NOTE: Anti-Spam Address! Please
> reply to: RAS002@worldnet.att.net

        Russ, I don't know if the wax will ever come off, I did that on a
previous car and it lasted for years. Should you be lucky enough to get
the wax off the plastic, use Blue Coral no buff wax in the future. It
dosen't leave residue in the plastic and there's NO buffing on top of
that. Yes the shine is great and lasts a long time. Waxing only took
about 45 minutes, start to finish, paying lots of attention to detail.
Good Luck, Alan S.
P.S. If you should get the wax off, let us know how.