Hey Alan, heres the story on the Dak 5.9

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 18:57:10 EST

In a message dated 12/28/98 6:24:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, ashort@flash.net
writes:

<< did you say in a
 are you cuttin' 13.79? I'd really like to go that fast. I have an R/T,
 so I should have a fairly good platform to start with. With all the
 stuff I've done I should finally be in the 14's, but high 13's would be
 nirvana! Please enlighten me, how'd you do it? Alan S. >>
Ok, here's the story
  I bought my baby in late 94, ordered it so its a 95 with a 5.2 5spd with
3.90 suregrip. Drove that around for a while wipping stangs and IROC's.
Working for a prototype shop for CC I heard of the upcoming R/T's. We did the
proto. Cant have that! Got to have the 5.9 in before the R/T comes out! So,
me and a buddy did the transplant while my wife was in Cali with the kids!
Ive got the following on it now.
   5.9 comp, pulleys, 4.10 suregrip, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, K&N
open air, Ram air hood in progress but on the dak, Ported and polished
Throttle Body, Shortened the runners, and plenum in my intake mani, 180
thermo, high flow injectors, JBA headers, Borla true duals killed the cat and
satisfaction aint bringing him back! that with a borrowed set of Mickeys got
me a 13.79 once. Once is all it needs though! I can wip most Z28's stock
Cobra's modified GT's etc. I think that covers it! Let me know if I missed
anything!
Eric