Re: Re: spare tire lock

From: |< R |> (krp@netnitco.net)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 12:29:26 EST

From: Sam Parthemer <srp@home.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: spare tire lock
Date sent: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 06:21:24 -0800
Send reply to: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

> It should. Check with you Dodge Dealer. They are the only source
> for this kind of lock that I know of. It's a cool setup, and involves
> lowering the spare, replacing the tube with the 'locking tube' via a
> clip-pin, then raising the spare again. Once in place, the clip-pin is
> covered by the spare, so there's no way for the would-be-thief to get the
> tire down, and it looks 'OEM' stock from the outside.
>
> Sam '95 SLT

You could always cut the cable. I got a spare tire lock from the
dealer that fits through the lug hole on the wheel. It goes up to the
bracket that the winch is mounted on, and slides in there. You twist it
and it locks into the bracket. Then you slide a lock over the other
end against the wheel. If someone winches it down or cuts the
cable, the wheel stays put. The rod is made out of hardened steel
like the "Kryptonite" u-shaped bike locks.

|{eith R. Phelps
krp at netnitco dot net

Cat..... the other white meat.