Re: 5-spd man probs (kinda long)

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 16:34:10 EST

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Jason Yates wrote:

> My concern is that I once again hear a whirring while in neutral with
> the clutch disengaged (it goes away with the clutch pushed in). Does
> anybody else hear this? It seems to me that I shouldn't be able to
> hear any noises coming from the tranny--then again I've never had one

I have a 94 CC with a 3.9 and a 5 Speed.. and I have the same "whirring"
noise when its in neutral.. but mine gets louder while i'm driving.. I
bought the truck with 130,000 miles 6 months ago with that noise.. I've
taken it to a number of tranny shops and they all basically say the same
thing.. some gearboxes are louder then others..

- nick

www.digivill.net/~binary/dak