Re: RE: Lowering (Lance Reply)

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 18:46:17 EST

Lance Martz wrote:

> Bob
>
> Bump stops...in the rear, it's part of the notch..You're not in the
> notch yet... I had plenty of room there and the truck was dropped with
> the shackles and a ¾-inch block before I sent it in to be bagged and
> four linked.
  Not sure what you mean by not in the notch yet??? I didn't do a
  c-notch. After the drop (4" rear) I only had about 1 1/2" of travel
  I gained about another 1" or so by cutting back the bump stops. I have
  about 1 1/2" of stop left.
> Up front, you can dial the snubbers all the way down, that left me a
> halfway decent ride. I believe mine are all the way down, the small domed red stops on the
  a arm your talking about right?
  What engine do you have? Did you use the wrong springs?
  No springs, only 2" drop a arms up front

> Air bags are great, but the rear is a pain since the rear end is too
> wide to tuck your wheels adequately. I've had to have a Ford 9-inch
> built for my truck to let it lay frame without damaging the bedsides
> from wheel contact.
> Lance
  Its definatly riding alot harder, more in the back than the front,
  maybe I need to cut back more on my stops.

   Bob