Re[2]: Tranny fluid

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 18:24:13 EST

Brian,

Is this a pretty straightforward job? It doesn't look like it, but are any
special tools required/recommended? I'm due for a change in a couple of
thou. miles and I like doing my own work but I don't want to risk any
*bigger* problems down the road.

It looks pretty easy, but I thought I'd ask first.

T.

I just did the tranny fluid change on my Dak. Some DML members told me to
go that the Dextron III was NOT the way to go. They advised me to use
Quaker State ATF 3+. It even says on the bottle you can use it instead of
the Mopar 7176 fluid. It was about $1 a quart. You should probably change
your tranny filter too. Anyhow, it worked for me!

Brian