Re[2]: 4x4 Front end growl - Skidplates

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 14:07:26 EST

I guess there's no two ways about it, I'm gonna have to take the front
plate off again and see what's what. Don't know about yours, but mine was
a bitch to get the bolts to *almost* line up. I had to crank some of the
bolts in at a slight angle. That's how I know there is a lot of tension
*in* the plate. Originally I thought it was just the metal flexing, but
it's not.

Frustrating thing is not only the engine has to be under load but the driveline as well in order for the noise to occur (maybe the front suspension too??). I.E. Just revving the engine to have it move in the
motor mounts won't make the noise... I have to be accelerating from a dead
stop to make the noise.

Back to the drawing board.

T.