Re: valves

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 04:17:55 EST

>Does any body know the size of the intake valves on the magnum V-8's?
>(Specifically a '99 5.9L). By the way, I was driving to work this mourning

According to the MP catalog, 1.92" intake, 1.625" exhaust, with 5/16" guides.

BTW, I´m speculating, but I´ll bet the crate motors are a special casting.
They have to have old-style motor mounts to fit in applications that expect
old A-engines, yet they have the Magnum heads.

Or will the Magnum heads bolt to an older block? Don´t think so.

Jim
´93 4x4 CC V8