Re: Golden West Performance

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 21:08:13 EST

> a one way valve would keep any debree
That's 'debris'
>from going back down into the oil pan. But, if
>its the exit from the supercharger, I can see your point. I
>wouldn't want bits and pieces going into my oil either. But
>wouldn't any debree big enough to harm the engine get stopped
>by the oil filter?

I have been running with the turbo Buick crowd, and have a couple of
close friends with SC'ed Impala SSs. I know of NO turbo or SC failures
that would float debris into the cooling/lubricating oil path. I have
heard of a few oil seal failures, but that usually resulted in the
turbo/SC sucking oil into the intake (neat mosquito fogging trick for the
kids (g).

The oil line into the oil pan is usually the return line. The oil pump
pickup screen should handle the big pieces, if any, and the oil filter
(immediately downstream from the oil pump) should handle any smaller
parts. I see NO cause for alarm here, IMHO.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T