Re: Used Magnum 360 Engines

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 08:12:22 EST

In a message dated 31-12-98 3:58:39 AM Central Standard Time,
gecko517@yahoo.com writes:

> Who sells used 360 engine assemblies? I am wanting to start my buildup
> and am looking for a "good" baseline engine.

My suggestion is to find a local dealer, and get w/ someone who can sell you a
"warranty replacement" short block. When a damaged engine is replaced ubnde
warranty, most dealers sell these to core suppliers, of throw the parts in the
recycle bin.....really. I have found many good parts, just looking in metal
bins at dealers. If you can get close to someone in the
dealership(ie...service tech, mgr, parts) they might even advise you when they
have one available, you may be able to purchase one from them.
This is how I get my 5.2L & 5.9L blocks for rebuilding. You will find that
the 5.2L is more readily available than the 5.9L, when searching. Most
salvage yards get premium prices for Magnum assy's.

Gene in Baytown
95 Dak SLT, RC,SB, 5.2L/Claret Red P.C.
99 Dak R/T, CC, all the toys/Deep Amethyst P.C.
www.mopars.com(under construction)
ICQ#23787964