Introduction + questions

From: David Cross (david@bdanet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 09:30:27 EST

Hello,

I have been lurking for a while so I guess I should introduce myself. I
just purchased a '99 Dak about a month ago. It is my first truck (and
American car for that matter) and I love it. I have wanted a truck for
over 10 years and when my previous car died I decided it was time. The
Dak is by far the best looking truck on the road and from what I was
reading it was highly praised from reviewers. I race motorcycles so it
would be perfect to get me and my bike to the track (my FZR400 fits
nicely in the bed). Anyway . . . I have got a few questions:

What type of BHP gains does one get from the FIPK? Are any numbers
published or well known? Or are the gains too small to matter and its
done just because it sounds awesome and looks great (which is reason
enough, right?)

Does anyone know of or can recommend a shop that would sell the FIPK and
other performance parts for the Dak in the Washington D.C. metro area,
other than a Dodge dealer. Or is there a mail order place that the list
uses/recommends?

On the Dodge web site under the Dakota/accessories section it shows
retractable tie-down hooks. The picture shows them mounted into the
recessed "squares" on the bedraill, but of course the Dak doesn't have
any only the Ram does. I guess they are only available for the Ram
then, but the page shows them under Dakota Accessories also. Does
anyone have any info on this?

Any listers in the D.C. area?

TIA,

Dave Cross