Re: Introduction + questions

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 11:01:27 EST

>Hello,
>
>I have been lurking for a while so I guess I should introduce myself. I
>just purchased a '99 Dak about a month ago. It is my first truck (and
>American car for that matter) and I love it. I have wanted a truck for
>over 10 years and when my previous car died I decided it was time. The
>Dak is by far the best looking truck on the road and from what I was

Welcome. They ARE nice trucks, arenīt they? Best handling available too, IMHO.

>reading it was highly praised from reviewers. I race motorcycles so it
>would be perfect to get me and my bike to the track (my FZR400 fits
>nicely in the bed). Anyway . . . I have got a few questions:

FZR400, Cool. Took one for a test ride once. Fun little beasty. Really had
to wind it out, but the redline was like 14k or something. Could flick it
to and fro like it was made of paper. I decided it wasnīt what I wanted to
do everyday commuting to work though. I still have my ī86 Ninja, though
itīs been laid up with electrical gremlins for over a year (due to lack of
attention). Keep the rubber side down!

>Does anyone know of or can recommend a shop that would sell the FIPK and
>other performance parts for the Dak in the Washington D.C. metro area,
>other than a Dodge dealer. Or is there a mail order place that the list
>uses/recommends?

Summit (800-230-3030) makes for a good drool.

>On the Dodge web site under the Dakota/accessories section it shows
>retractable tie-down hooks. The picture shows them mounted into the
>recessed "squares" on the bedraill, but of course the Dak doesn't have

I have a set on my ī93. They fit in the stake holes, so I donīt know why
they wouldnīt work on a ī97 and later. I got mine for half the price the
dealer wanted. I think at an RV store, or Off Road Warehouse. I think the
vendor may mailorder too, for about dealer price, though.

Jim
ī93 4x4 CC V8