Re: re:backwards pistons

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 10:27:51 EST

>The stock piston pin hole is not centered so each
>time the cylinder fires the piston is pushed against
>the wall.
>
>Backward pistons tend to push the piston towards
>the center of the cylinder.
>
>I think one gets a performance gain that is significant.
>
>I think someone posted the fact that Kieth black pistons
>are centered pin pistons.

I didn´t say that I knew that. I THINK they are, only because they´re a
performance-oriented part, and the alloy they use allows them to put the
piston a lot closer to the cylinder wall, which would decrease the slap
noise (the whole reason for doing this).

Hypereutectic means minimal thermal expansion - so the aluminum alloy
piston expands about at the same rate as the steel cylinder wall. So you
can fit them tighter.

Jim
´93 4x4 CC V8