Offroad

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 11:15:50 EST

>Sorry, but the answer here is an easy one. No Locking difs are made for the
>29 spline 97+up Daks. Believe me.... I busted my ass trying to find one.

You could probably swap axles (go for pre-90 five lugs) and get the carrier
and Auburn LSD out of a wreck.

Dennis. YouŽre going to leave the list looking for more offroad content,
when all you have is a TWO WHEEL DRIVE?!!! Sheesh. The 4WD lists arenŽt
likely to even talk to you as soon as they find out. Here at the DML, weŽll
probably figure out how you can add the extra parts! [Know a welder? YouŽll
need one, or need to learn how.]

I know first hand how far you can get with only two wheel drive. I also
know you can get pretty conclusively STUCK! YouŽll be a whole lot better
off with an LSD. An open-diff 4x4 is basically a 2WD, but with one of them
being a front (with engine weight on it) itŽs a lot better off.

Jim
Ž93 4x4 CC V8