Re: 3.55 to 3.90 Gear Swap.

From: Scott Morris (scottm@eatel.net)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 14:30:49 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jetmugg@aol.com <Jetmugg@aol.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 11:18 AM
Subject: DML: 3.55 to 3.90 Gear Swap.

>Hello, I'm Steve M., and I'm brand new to DML. I've got a '92 CC, 318,
Auto,
>2wd, with the 3.55 gears and sure-grip. I'm interested in swapping the
>gearset out for a set of 3.90's. Has anyone out there performed this swap
>first hand? I know the gears and install kits are available, and I'm good
>with wrenches, dial indicators, and such, but I'd like to hear from someone
>who has done it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>steve

If you are serious about racing keep the 355's and just put the limited slip
in , thats what all the serious racers around here with dekotes have done.
390 is to much gear. But then again the have 5 spds, it might do better in
and auto i am not sure. i have a v6 with the auto and i have 390 gears and
like it so i don't know so i guess i wasn't much help after all.

scott
97 auto v6
icq#17773485