Re: Thanks for the input on the gear swap.

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 19:23:03 EST

Jetmugg@aol.com wrote:

> I just discovered this Mail List yesterday, and already I've gained tons of
> useful info. I think the 3.55's may be just fine for towing my trailer, and
> if the trans. eventually goes out, I'll just have to rebuild it. I am
> planning on putting in a TransGo shift kit in the spring, to help firm up the
> shifts and maybe make it last a little longer. (The truck and trans. have
> 116K original miles since '92, and I'd like to get at least 200K.) Does
> anyone out there run a transmission cooler, or is this an unnecessary expense?

I run a transmission cooler, I ordered the factory trailer towing
package when I ordered my truck and a transmission cooler was part of
that package or at least it was in 95. If you are going to do a lot of
towing I would consider the transmission cooler a must have.

Those that drag race their trucks a lot with the auto might also want to
look at a cooler. It will make the trans live longer if you work it
hard.

Bob