Re: 32" tires

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 19:18:55 EST

At 08:17 PM 12/27/98 -0800, you wrote:

>has anyone installed upgraded the 31" optional tires to a 32" on a later
>model 4X4 without any problems?
>
>joel

You'll want to crank up your tortion bars and possibly ad a 1 - 2" block
kit to the rear axle.. I have upgraded 31's and have though about 33's, but
I'd need a bigger lift than what I have now... I raised my 97 Dak with a 2"
block in the back and 32's would fit just fine.

The only other problem I can for see in a 32" tire without an upgraded
front suspension is that you can't go very wide on the tire or you'll end
up rubbing your frame when you turn it tight.

The guy at the local tire shop suggested 32" Yokohamas' Supposedly very
good, but very heavy so I'm not sure how well they would do in the rocks.

JMHO...
Dennis Baker, Jr.
dbaker@deltech.net
President/CEO/CIO