Looking on the bright side

From: Michael Styer (mstyer@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 04:17:14 EST

Howdy ya'll! Hope everyone had a safe a good holiday season, and the
best of luck to all for 1999!

My year is starting out a bit sluggish (literally) with my beloved Dak,
though. Went to New York for Christmas and on the way up my cooling fan
clutch (I guess that's what I blame) started to go bad. Cruising along
at 80 mph and suddenly I feel a slight lurch like I a few hundred pounds
were dropped in my truck. A loud roaring noise accompanied this loss of
power. I pulled over and from then on the fan was difficult to turn by
hand. Made me glad I have a loud radio for the rest of the trip :)

I'm looking on the bright side of things here though replace my fan with
an electric unit :o) I figure not only do I solve the current problem
but I free up some power I already have, and get some better mileage.
Free power is always good, and I've lost about 2 miles to the gallon
because of my broken fan.
Any thoughts on a good electric fan unit for a reasonable price?
Howzabout the unit from the Grand Cherokee 5.9 I think that had one?

And secondly thanks to construction in Knoxville TN, I now need a
complete new set of tires. D*!@ construction. Anybody have some good
suggestions for tires? I currently have three worn 245/60's Performer
GT radials on the stock aluminum wheels. I like the way they look and
handle, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy 1999!
Mike S. Nashville

1993 V6 5 speed CC