Re: Looking (Tires Mike S)

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 10:56:07 EST

Michael Styer wrote:

> Howdy ya'll! Hope everyone had a safe a good holiday season, and the
> best of luck to all for 1999!
>
> My year is starting out a bit sluggish (literally) with my beloved Dak,
> though. Went to New York for Christmas and on the way up my cooling fan
> clutch (I guess that's what I blame) started to go bad. Cruising along
> at 80 mph and suddenly I feel a slight lurch like I a few hundred pounds
> were dropped in my truck. A loud roaring noise accompanied this loss of
> power. I pulled over and from then on the fan was difficult to turn by
> hand. Made me glad I have a loud radio for the rest of the trip :)
>
> I'm looking on the bright side of things here though replace my fan with
> an electric unit :o) I figure not only do I solve the current problem
> but I free up some power I already have, and get some better mileage.
> Free power is always good, and I've lost about 2 miles to the gallon
> because of my broken fan.
> Any thoughts on a good electric fan unit for a reasonable price?
> Howzabout the unit from the Grand Cherokee 5.9 I think that had one?
>
> And secondly thanks to construction in Knoxville TN, I now need a
> complete new set of tires. D*!@ construction. Anybody have some good
> suggestions for tires? I currently have three worn 245/60's Performer
> GT radials on the stock aluminum wheels. I like the way they look and
> handle, but any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks, and Happy 1999!
> Mike S. Nashville
>
> 1993 V6 5 speed CC

Hi Mike, About the tires I went to the Tire Rack Web Site and printed
out all the mfrs that make 275 60 15's. looked at all the ratings and
the Dunlop Sport Rover GTII gets my vote, I'm gonna look at them at the
tire dealer today. Not buying yet, maybe next month, but they get my
vote. I'll let you know if anything changes after I see em.
Happy New Year
Bob Nichols