Re: RE: Re: DML Reason for 3.55 to 3.90 swap.

From: Thomas Wood (twood1@PHEAA.ORG)
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 09:28:17 EST

I'm no expert, but I'm not sure if this is totally true. I have a v6 auto
and tow a 5x8 box trailer full of band equipment almost every weekend. I
drive with overdrive on and the only time the truck really starts shifting
around are going up some fairly steep grades. I would think running down
the interstate with overdrive off and the engine at a constant 3000 to 3500
rpm's would be more harmful to the engine then the occasional shifting of
the engine. Again, I'm definitely no expert here.....

T.Matt
Harrisburg, PA