Re: DML Reason for 3.55 to 3.90 swap.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 15:28:39 EST

simple addition, although I must confess that I'm not familiar with their
installation. Is there a fitting whigh goes in-line to monitor the temp, or
is there a place for a probe on the trans. itself?
   I also shift out of O/D when I get into any hills, or when I "feel" that
the trans is working too hard or the rpm's have dropped too low.
   Yes, I have the sure-grip rearend, and it does come in useful on some
slippery boat ramps.
   Yes, the boat/engine trailer combo tips the scales at just over 2500#.
This is a high performance race-type hull. The hull minus engine weighs 650#.
The Chevy big block weighs roughly 900#, and the Competitive trailer weighs in
at 900#.
    I'm still undecided on the gear swap, though, I guess my budget and
emotions will make the final decision.

Steve M.