Fan Clutch Questions

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 02 1999 - 22:57:19 EST

I own a 93 Dakota 4x4 Auto V6, no air, 98,000 miles. I was curious what
exactly does the fan clutch do? When should the fan be turning? If I can
remember correctly to the last time I replaced my belt, there was a pulley
for the fan that the belt set on. So does this mean the fan is running
constantly? My truck has never came remotely close to overheating, if this
matters. Please help me understand this! I am thinking mine is locked up,
and just want to learn more about the fan clutch. THANKS!
Kyle